India recently launched Ayushman Bharat or PMJAY(Pradhanmantri Jan Arogya Yojana) one of the most ambitious healthcare scheme in the world . This scheme was launched on 23-Sep-2018, and the scheme has already served more than 35000 people as per the government estimates. The scheme is designed in such a way that its going to cover a vast population of the country, covering more than 10 Cr families. Since, it is such a huge scheme, a supporting infrastructure of technology and manpower is required to support such a huge initiative, creating huge employment opportunity. The health ministry has come up with the idea of Ayushman Mitra – the facilitators of the Ayushman Bharat services.
We have accumulated all the information that will help you understand the roles and responsibilities of Ayushman Mitra and how you can also register for Ayushman Mitra recruitment. Please go through the article carefully.
Introduction – Ayushman Mitra
Who is Ayushman Mitra?
Many hospitals and healthcare providers have been empanelled to implement the Ayushman Bharat Yojana. These Empanelled Health Care Provider or EHCP require a support system to assist the beneficiaries. So, to assist the beneficiaries and to streamline the delivery of health services, Ayushman Mitras, will be recruited and trained. They will be placed at each hospital. As defined by the government – “An Ayushman Mitra(AM) is a certified frontline health service professional who shall be present at the EHCP and shall serve as a first contact for
Ayushman Mitra Duties
What work does an Ayushman Mitra do?
What are the responsibilities of Ayushman Mitra?
At every em-panelled facility, be it public or private, the AMs are going to be the main contact for patients. They are primarily responsible for –
- The AM will take the patient’s details and put the data in Beneficiary Identification system to validate if the person is eligible for the benefits under Ayushman Bharat Yojana.
- He/ She will submit authorisation requests and claim for the beneficiaries.
- AM will update the beneficiery on how he can avail the benefits of AB-NHPM and the overall process within that facility.
In the context of AB-NHPM scheme, AMs role is very critical, as he/she will be responsible to ensure that patient is getting timely care and all the benefits the person is entitled for.
Ayushman Mitra Recruitment 2018
What is the eligibility criteria for Ayushman Mitra?
Am I eligible? What is criteria for selection of Ayushman Mitra?
Here is the list of important selection criteria for AMs –
- The candidate must have completed graduation course from a recognised university.
- Candidate must have completed the Ayushman Mitra Training Course and passed the respective course exam/certification.
- He/She must have strong communication skills in English/ Hindi and State/ regional language.
- He/She must have sufficient computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office and browsing through various internet portals.
- Please note that if you are a femal candidate then you will be given preference for the position of Ayushman Mitra.
- Similarly, note that qualified ASHA workers may also be given preference.
What is the process to become Ayushman Mitra?
How do I become an Ayushman Mitra?
What is the salary or benefits provided to Ayushman Mitra(AMs)?
First and foremost, below guidelines are applicable to the AMs appointed on public facilities and states may revise them according to the native conditions. For the AMs appointed on private facilities, their salary and benefits will be decided private facilities themselves.
Suggested benefits for AMs –
- Monthly salary of Rs. 5000.
- A Rs. 50 commission for every end to end processed claim.
- Facility of group mobile connection – this could be the services provided by 3rd party agencies selected by state.
Term of Employment
Are Ayushman Mitra permanenet or on Contract?
What is the service term of Ayushman Mitras?
AMs will be hired on contract for a year. Based on his/her performance, his tenure may be renewed on the yearly basis.
Ayushman Mitra recruitment 2018 is a wonderful opportunity for the persons planning to make a career in the healthcare sector as the government is investing heavily towards making Ayushman Bharat scheme a success. Not only that, you’ll get a chance to help the people by being a bridge between hospitals, government policies and the patient.
Please let us know if you like the article. In case you have any question, please post that in the comments section below and we;ll try to revert back to you as soon as we can.